Who we treat
We're a pretty unique hospital, so who can come here?
We only diagnose and treat NHS patients, but we do it in a lot of different ways depending on the service provided.
Patients who must come here
- If you live in Scotland, you will automatically come here if you have been referred to our national services:
- Scottish Adult Congenital Cardiac Service (SACCS)
- Scottish National Advanced Heart Failure Service (SNAHFS)
- Scottish Pulmonary Vascular Unit (SPVU)
- If you live in the West of Scotland, you will automatically come here if you need heart or lung surgery.
- If you live in specific parts of the West of Scotland, you will automatically come here if you need treatment for a specific type of heart attack (STEMI).
Patients who may come here
- Anyone, living anywhere in Scotland, can be referred by their local NHS board for an operation or diagnostic test in our current range of specialties. For more information, read 'what we do'.
- If you have to wait locally for any of our specialties, you can ask to come here.
- If you live in specific areas and require a particular procedure, you will automatically come here for all of your appointments, including pre-assessment, surgery and post-surgery follow up.