As a national resource for NHSScotland, the Golden Jubilee National Hospital really stands out from the crowd.
- We have an excellent reputation in providing innovative, high quality, safe, effective and person-centred care.
- Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art hospital is the ideal place to get involved in our clinical innovations and advances in technology.
- We provide the highest standards of clinical skills and nursing care across all of our services.
- We are always reviewing and developing our services to improve the hospital experience for our patients.
- We support our staff to be the best they can be through in-house and external training opportunities.
- We follow a set of values which ensure our patients and colleagues receive the same level of care and support.
- We support our staff and patients in line with the nine protected characteristics established by the Equality Act 2010.
Download our Recruitment information pack.
About our Orthopaedic team
Our Orthopeadic service celebrates its 10th birthday this year. Since 2003, our service has evolved from providing 30 operations to approximately 300 a month. It is now a Scottish centre of excellence, specialising in hip and knee replacements, but also carrying out a range of other procedures too. Currently, the Golden Jubilee National Hospital is undertaking just under 40% of all joint replacements in the West of Scotland (15% nation wide).
We have a highly skilled team who are dedicated to providing an innovative service and using the latest research and techniques. Our team:
- Pioneered the use of Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery (CAOS) – a state-of-the-art technique, or navigation system, ensures that our surgeons are much more precise, helping them position implants right down to the last millimetre.
- Believe that their involvement in research and new developments is crucial to developing our contribution within NHS Scotland and to the wider community. It improves the sum of our knowledge and our understanding and it can lead to improvements in healthcare quality, better outcomes and care for patients and improved performance.
- Introduced the CALEDonian Technique™ - the Golden Jubilee National Hospital’s Enhanced Recovery Programme (ERP) for Orthopaedics that has been rolled out across Scotland. This programme has allowed our discharge to significantly reduce to four days post surgery (lowest length of stay in Scotland), reduced the need for post operative urinary catheterisation (7% instead of 35%) and only 0.6% of patients required a blood transfusion.
The current expansion will see a 10% rise in the number of Orthopaedic operations we carry out per year.
About our Ophthalmology team
Our dedicated Ophthalmology team currently perform 1400 operations a year to support NHSScotland. The most common type of eye surgery we carry out is treatment for cataracts. This is typically undertaken at the Golden Jubilee, but we also provide an outreach service for patients in rural areas.
This year due to demand across the country, we are looking to double our commitment and treat more patients than ever before.