Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratories (cath lab)
Our Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratories (cath lab) are equipped with state-of-the-art flat plane imaging designed specifically for cardiac procedures.
- One has additional speciality equipment to help diagnose and treat heart rhythm disorders. (Electrophysiological or EP).
- One is a bi-plane Cath Lab which allows intricate treatment of a broad range of more complex disease.
- A further two fully equipped coronary diagnosis and treatment labs.
Our highly skilled multidisciplinary team includes Consultant Cardiologists, specialist nurses, Radiographers and Cardiac Physiologists.
- coronary angiography - passing a fine tube via the artery, (large blood vessel) in your leg or wrist, directly to your heart.
- coronary angioplasty - a balloon and/or a small metal coil (stent) is used to open narrowed areas in the arteries of your heart.
- electrophysiology to diagnose and treat heart rhythm disturbances
- diagnosis and treatment of adult congenital heart disease
- diagnosis of pulmonary vascular disorders
Before and after your procedure, you will be looked after in one of our Cardiology patient areas.