Spiritual Care / Hospital chaplaincy
Our Spiritual care service is open to patients, visitors and staff alike - whether your approach to life is based on faith or philosophy, we are here for you.
It has been widely demonstrated that caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit - can play a positive role in the process of healing and rehabilitation.
The Spiritual Care Centre is situated on the ground floor corridor, between the hospital and the hotel. This includes quiet areas to pray and think, as well as information and inspirational literature to encourage people of all denominations, faiths and philosophies.
Our Spirtual Care team provides:
- emotional and psychological support;
- practical support and befriending;
- contact with other agencies, faith and community groups;
- prayer and the support of scriptures, ritual, liturgical and sacramental care (where requested);
- counselling and debriefing; and
- teaching and training (for staff).