Delivering care through collaboration

Financial and Social

financial and social.png

Financial wellbeing is an important contributing factor in your overall wellbeing and it’s not simply about a lack of money.

It is about having the capacity to manage everyday expenses, as well as save for the future, and not just about being constantly worried about money.

In addition, it includes a sense of belonging and inclusion, whether that be in NHS Golden Jubilee or in wider society, which supports your general wellbeing.

The following resources, links and services can be accessed to support your financial and social health.

Benefits and Discounts

If you’re thinking about making a purchase and can afford to do so, there are discount websites which do loads of goods and services at discounted prices for NHS workers, including for electrical goods, fashion, jewellery, sportswear, health and fitness, beauty products, restaurants, supermarkets, gifts, holidays and cashback deals.

More money in your pocket!

And remember, when you’re in a shop, ask if they do discounts for NHS staff. Loads of them do so you may get money off your shop by simply showing your ID card.

Company Shop - discounted household goods

Staff can join this via NHS Staff Benefits. Company Shop is a great resource for NHS staff to save money on everyday goods. Colleagues can purchase surplus stock (all in good condition) from a range of UK supermarkets, which would otherwise end up in landfill for small things such as mistakes on packaging. Profit from the shops is used to fund food bank projects, which also help people get back into work, so it's avoiding waste, cheaper for NHS staff and is a fantastic cause.

Check out the Renfrew store

Mortgage Advice

The Mortgage Advice Clinic is part of NHS Staff Benefits and can help with first time buyers, remortgaging, home movers and lifetime mortgages.

There’s no fee or obligation – visit the Mortgage Advice Clinic

Money-saving Active Travel

For details on our Cycle 2 Work and Annual Zonecard schemes, visit the Physical Health page.


For advice and information on your pension(s), the two websites listed below will have all you need to know.

The Scottish Public Pensions Agency (SPPA) administers pensions on behalf of the Scottish Government for NHS Scotland employees.

*Changes to 2015 pension remedy website content: Changes have been made to the SPPA 2015 pension remedy website content following feedback from members.

Changes include:

  • Streamlining the information into one webpage so that members can find the information they're looking for more easily.
  • The language of the 2015 remedy page has been simplified to make it easier for members to understand exactly how the changes might affect them.
  • A short video can be viewed at this link explaining the changes introduced by the 2015 remedy and what it means for members.

If anyone has any concerns about the 2015 remedy, please refer to the website on the link above, or contact the SPPA on this link.

​​​​The Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) is an arm’s-length organisation sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, which engages with HM Treasury on policy matters relating to financial capability and debt advice.

Money Support Scotland

Worried about money? You are not alone. Many people are struggling financially at the moment and overcoming this starts with finding the right support.

The Scottish Government has launched the Money Support Scotland campaign for people in Scotland experiencing money worries, including a new website, which you can visit by clicking the following link, MoneySupport.scot, which pulls together all the support that's there for you, in one place.

award logos for disability confident leader, stonewall top 100,investors in young people gold award, investing in volunteers, sqa approved centre, investors in people