As part of the Scottish Government’s investment of £200 million to meet demand for elective procedures over the next 10 years, NHS Golden Jubilee is now focusing on creating a business plan to expand its services to treat more patients than ever before.
Our hospital expansion will be delivered in a phased approach subject to necessary Scottish Government approval:
- Phase One will deliver an integrated Ophthalmology unit with its own outpatient consultation and pre-operative assessment areas which will be combined, cataract procedure rooms and an admin area. The current plan is then to refurbish the vacated theatres to create additional general surgery theatres and an additional Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU).
- Phase Two will deliver additional theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a day case/day surgery admission unit, supporting accommodation, an outpatient/pre-operative assessment area and diagnostic space.
The key objectives for our expansion are to:
- create sufficient additional elective care capacity for the West of Scotland region to meet the predicted need for elective care by 2035;
- provide innovative patient centred models of care that are both efficient and sustainable;
- provide sustainable workforce models that ensure NHS Golden Jubilee remains an exemplar employer and an attractive place for staff to work;
- reduce or eliminate routine use of the private sector;
- reduce the chances of cancellation of elective surgery and reduce cancellation rates;
- enable delivery of current and future Government guarantees on inpatient / day case waiting times on a sustainable basis; and
- deliver increased efficiency and productivity, adopting the principles of Better Care, Better Health and Better Value as set out in the Scottish Government “Health and Social Care Delivery Plan” published in December 2016.
Work is currently ongoing with our Principle Supply Chain Partners, Kier Construction, and stakeholder user groups to ensure future care models are identified and incorporated into the design.
For any further information relating to the expansion, contact the Communications team on 0141 951 5073/5195 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.