Delivering care through collaboration

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

 Do I have to pass an English exam?

Yes, to work for the NHS in Scotland, you will have to pass either the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Academic IELTS.

You need to score 7 in each section, and 6.5 for your writing.

You can also take the Occupational English Test OET) and score a B in each section and a C+ for your writing.


 Can I bring my family with me?

Yes, your family can come with you.

We would suggest that you initially come on your own until you have settled and secured accommodation.  ​​​​​


 What do I need to do before I can come and work for NHSScotland?

What you need to do will depend on the job you are applying for. We would recommend speaking to our Recruitment Team if you have any questions before sending in your application.

Please note that NHS Golden Jubilee is currently only accepting applicants via recruitment companies.​​​

award logos for disability confident leader, stonewall top 100,investors in young people gold award, investing in volunteers, sqa approved centre, investors in people